Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thrifty Finds and Rainbows

There's a little coffee shop and thrift store just around the corner from my house. Although it's small, I've picked up quite a few useful bits and bobs simply because it's proximity makes it easy to swing by regularly.


Bobbins

Last week I struck lucky with a box of sewing supplies and for just two dollars I came away with a pile of zippers in many colors, a vintage metal and cork embroidery hoop and some old wooden bobbins. I have no idea what I might do with the latter but I find them so appealing, I'm sure they'll come in useful at some point.

Thrift Store Finds

I've been carefully rationing my stack of felt for a few months but with my small stock dwindling and in need of a specific color for a project on a deadline it was time to splurge on another order.


Felt Rainbow

I treated myself to a mini rainbow from Benzie Bazaar. Their color selection is wonderful and the quality of the felt is excellent.  I wish I could remember to whom the credit is due but I'm grateful to the blogging world for opening my eyes to the alternatives to the craft felt in the chain stores.

Felt Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...