Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mother's Day Gardening Tote

I have a terrible head for dates so I often find British Mother's Day creeping up on me completely unawares. This year, for a change, I actually managed to get the date in my calendar far enough in advance to come up with a handmade present for my mam.


Gardener's Tote


My mam has some pretty impressive gardening skills and grows all her own organic vegetables so I knew, with spring in the air, I wanted to create something with a gardening theme. Inspiration was sadly lacking until I spotted this fantastic new paper pieced pattern for a watering can by Amy at Made During Quiet Time. I started it that same afternoon and decided that I'd incorporate it into a practical tote bag.


Gardener's Tote

I used the watering can block as an oversized pocket on the front and the bag itself is a slightly tweaked  version of my favorite tote tutorial. I picked up the fantastic veggie print fabric from Sew Fresh Fabrics a couple of months ago without a particular use in mind, but knowing that it would eventually shape itself into something for my mam.

Happy (British) Mother's Day mam!

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the block! Thank you for sharing it with me! I hope your mom loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, just amazing. I am always impressed with your work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...